Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Busy Weekend

Saturday night Q2 and I threw a wine and cheese tasting party at my apartment. I spent the majority of the day getting ready for the party- picked up candles from Bed, Bath, & Beyond, bought mini pumpkins, decorative corn, crab apples, and mini pears from the farmer’s market, and hit the grocery store.

The roomie and I cleaned up the apartment and re-arranged the furniture to create a more lounge-y type space. Then I spent the better part of the day cleaning and arranging fruit, making swiss cheese bread and shrimp wrapped with prosciutto and zucchini skewers.




Q2, her boy, and his friends came over a little after 4 to help with the set-up. B did an excellent job with the cheese tray and the apartment looked great with the dozens of tealights scattered around the apartment. The turnout was pretty decent, over 20 people stuffed into the kitchen and living room. All the makings of a nice party: lots of good wine, conversation, and food. . . It was great to see some old friends again and make some new ones.

Luckily, Sunday was a lazy day. Got up late-ish and went to Teddy’s for brunch with the roomie. They have the *best* bloody mary’s by the way. Yummy breakfast of pork sausage and baked cheese grits- great hangover food but left me feeling sluggish the rest of the day. Then we walked a block over to watch the trail end of the marathon. Made me realize how much I miss training and cemented my desire to run the NY Marathon in the near future.

The rest of the afternoon I whiled away surfing the net, editing a CV, and IM’ing with friends. My roomie joked that we’ve managed to replace the t.v. with our laptops. . kinda sad but true. . .

1 comment:

Chatsworth said...

Yummy!