Saturday, November 19, 2005

Blistering Cold

Today I temped at Marie Claire. The work was pretty mindless- as temp work seems to go- but it was fun just being able to work at a fashion magazine. Not surprisingly the majority of the staff was female, casually dressed in jeans and cute tops. Essentially my job was to prepare the December magazine mailings to Marie Claire’s agents and clients. This means I went through and bookmarked all the ads for each client/agent. Pretty time consuming, but a smart business-sales move.

After work, I went back to Willie-B to get dressed up for dinner. Q2 and some friends and I were meeting up at the Bridge Café at the South Street Seaport for dinner. I took the train to the Brooklyn Bridge stop. Unfortunately, I had decided to wear a cute dress and heels. . but the walk was long and bitterly cold and by the end of the 45 minutes it took me (very high heels, I might add) to get to the restaurant, I was cursing up a storm and angry at myself.

But once I got inside the restaurant, had a drink to warm me up, and was in the company of good friends I was fine. I can already tell though that it’s going to take a lot of willpower to get myself to go out when the weather gets even colder!

No comments: