Thursday, November 17, 2005

day off

Haven’t heard from the temp agency so it looks like I’ll have another day off. . not that I mind. Yesterday I was able to go for a nice 5 mile run and enjoy the weather! Went to C-town with Mikey and got some groceries and just hung out.

I’m cooking dinner for a couple of friends tonight. I had four different menus planned out and had to get VK (and the grocery store’s selection) narrow things down for me a bit. . I’ll be making:

Spinach and pear salad

Mussels and Shallots in a White Wine Sauce

Garlic Fries

Grilled Asparagus in a Balsamic Sauce
I’m always a little nervous cooking for someone for the first time so I like to make at least one dish that I’ve prepared before. Since I normally don’t cook elaborate meals for myself, this makes the rate of trying new recipes a little slow. . Luckily, Thanksgiving is around the corner so I’ll have a chance to experiment a little more!

1 comment:

v said...

thanks for the tip. . .candied walnuts is even better with the salad.