Monday, November 28, 2005

christmas decorating

Today the boss put me in charge of re-decorating the store for Christmas. So essentially, D and I spent the entire day cleaning, reorganizing, and decorating the store window. We ransacked the boxes and boxes of Christmas decorations, ribbons, greenery, and etc leftover from the previous owner. After wading through some truly terrible stuff, we were able to scrounge up some nice wreaths, ornaments, berries, etc and began to make some decorations from scratch.
It was basically a craft day and tons of fun! So of course the day just flew by. I guess the couple days following Thanksgiving are slow so the boss let us decorate to our hearts delight. There’s still some finishing touches left, putting the lights up, etc, but I must say the store window looks quite nice.

After a nice meal of leftovers (ahh, great thing about Turkey Day), finding a restaurant to go to Wednesday night with a college friend, and cleaning up the kitchen, I’m about ready to crash!! I still have some emails (A.H., wonderful to hear from you and I miss you too- expect a nice long email your way!) and internet research to do, but it’ll have to wait until tomorrow night or Wed when I'm better rested.

No comments: